As part of the #Voice and Choice Southern Africa Fund which GL manages for Amplify Change (AC) GL convened a #Voice and Choice Learning and Sharing Summit from 1-2 November 2023 to share good practices on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR). The summit, which brought together grantees and civil society partners working to advance SRHR, was held in Johannesburg, South Africa. View the Awards.
There are nine categories. Click on each category to view the summit entries.
Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health
Gender Based Violence
Since 2004, GL has hosted 20 summits to show case good practise on advancing the SADC Protocol on Gender and Development. Since 2019, in line with GL’s work on SRHR, the Summits have been held under the banner of the #VoiceandChoice Campaign.
The 2023 #Voice and Choice Summit will deepen the focus on women’s power to use their voice to influence programmes, policies and processes that have an impact on their lives, in particular their sexual and reproductive health and rights. The Summit will move the conversation beyond just women’s rights to mainstream organisations working to better integrate gender in their programmes and organisations.
The summit aims to:
- Promote practical knowledge sharing amongst practitioners on SRHR
- Gather case studies on action, leadership and institutional practice and capacity building;
- Acknowledge and affirm the work done by civil society organizations;
- Promote discussion and reflection on what works to achieve gender equality and justice;
- Strengthen partnerships between women’s rights and mainstream organisations working in the SADC region.
- Create cross sectoral partnerships